July 10, 2009
1 lb. ground beef
1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes
1 can (12 oz) tomato paste
2 tsp. garlic salt
1-1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil leaves
2 cups creamed cottage cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese divided in two
12 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
12 oz. lasagna noodles cooked and well drained (you can also used uncooked and works fine)
1. In large skillet, brown hamburger. Drain off fat. Add tomatoes and break up with a fork. Stir in tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano, and basil. Heat to boiling, stirring occassionally. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until mixture in spaghetti sauce consistency.
2. Heat oven to 350 ℉. Stir together cottage cheese and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Set aside 1 cup of meat sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
3. In ungreased 9x13 baking dish alternate layers of 1/3 each; noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese.
4. Spread reserved meat sauce over top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Sprinkle reserved mozzarella across top of lasagna.
5. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
at 9:13 PM