December 20, 2010
2 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 med. size crushed pineapple, well drained (very important to drain well)
2 TBS. chopped green onions
2 TBS. chopped green pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
pecans, walnuts, or almonds, chopped small
1. Mix cream cheese and then add all ingredients. This cheese ball won't be as firm as others.
2. Form into ball and roll in chopped nuts. Better if it sits in fridge overnight or several hours.
3. Serve with crackers, chips, or don't roll in nuts and use to stuff celery.
at 5:15 AM
December 17, 2010
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
5 oz. jar Kraft's old English (sharp) cheese
2 (8oz.) pkgs. cream cheese
1 tsp. onion salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
almonds, pecans, or walnuts chopped small
1. Blend cream cheese, old English cheese and cheddar cheese together in stand mixer.
2. Add onion salt and garlic salt, mix well. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
3. Make in ball and roll in chopped nuts. (We used almonds and pecans)
Serve with crackers
at 5:07 AM
December 15, 2010
2 cans (11 oz. each) mandarin oranges, drained
1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits
2 bananas, sliced
1 large cool whip
1 small package instant vanilla pudding (or other flavor such as cheesecake, or white chocolate) (sugar free is fine 1 oz.)
1 package fudge stripe cookies, broken up
1. Stir together cool whip and dry pudding mixture. Add all fruit and cookies and mix well. Serve immediately.
Store in fridge. Best the first day.
at 6:11 AM
December 13, 2010
December 10, 2010
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups sugar
1-2/3 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 TBS. flour
2 tsp. orange zest
1. Mix together pumpkin, oil, and eggs. Add sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir in until just moistened. Gently stir in nut, being careful not to overmix.
2. Set aside and mix filling.
3. To make filling beat together cream cheese, sugar and flour. Stir in eggs and orange zest.
4. Grease and flour two- 7-1/2" x 3" loaf pans. Pour 1/4 of pumpkin batter into each pan. Divide filling mixture and carefully spread over batter in pans. Place remaining batter over filling.
5. Bake at 325℉ for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
at 6:48 AM
December 5, 2010
1 head romaine lettuce or green leaf lettuce, washed and torn in pieces
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon
Juice of 1 lemon
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup oil
1. Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl and mix well. Set aside until serving.
2. In large bowl mix lettuce, cheese, and bacon.
3. Stir in dressing right before serving.
at 6:43 AM
December 1, 2010
2 (8 oz each) packages cream cheese (light is fine)
1 (1 oz.) packet dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
4 green onions, thinly sliced
5 pieces of bacon, fried and crumbled
1/4 cup chopped black olives, optional
pecans or almonds, finely chopped for coating
1. Mix together cream cheese and dry ranch seasoning packet. Stir until smooth. Add cheese, onions, olives (if using) and bacon. Stir until well combined.
2. Shape into a ball. Roll in nuts to coat outside. Fix shape if needed. (You can make one big or more smaller) Store in refrigerator.
Serve with crackers or chips.
at 2:00 PM