December 1, 2010

Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball


adapted from Studio 5

2 (8 oz each) packages cream cheese (light is fine)
1 (1 oz.) packet dry buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
4 green onions, thinly sliced
5 pieces of bacon, fried and crumbled
1/4 cup chopped black olives, optional
pecans or almonds, finely chopped for coating

1.  Mix together cream cheese and dry ranch seasoning packet.  Stir until smooth.  Add cheese, onions, olives (if using) and bacon.  Stir until well combined.

2.  Shape into a ball.  Roll in nuts to coat outside.  Fix shape if needed.  (You can make one big or more smaller) Store in refrigerator.

Serve with crackers or chips.

13 comments:

  1. That looks nummy! Ill have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I made your recipe recently and featured and linked it on my blog! It was delicious! Thanks so much! :)

    Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can the bag of real bacon pieces be used instead of frying bacon? After cooking the entire Thanksgiving meal this year I'm on a "cooking" strike through the weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely the real bacon pieces can be used. Sometimes you just have to be on a "cooking" strike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have a suggestion for something to put on the outside other than nuts? We have some nut allergies in our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try crushed crackers such as Ritz or don't put anything on the outside. My kids like it better without the nuts.

      Delete
  7. A lifesaver for a Christmas party I am going to tomorrow. Thank You very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just made this for a second time by request. Very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How far in advance can this cheese ball be made prior to serving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say a couple of days would be okay. Good luck

      Delete
  10. I'm going to try it & may just roll it in cheese to avoid the allergies to nuts... ;) sounds sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried this and it was good but salty. Next time I will not use the whole ranch packet - I will add it gradually/taste as I go. Also, I think this would be really good with diced green peppers in it. (I make another cheese ball that has green peppers).

    ReplyDelete