April 24, 2013
1 bottle red hot sauce (I used franks)
1 pkg. ranch dressing powder
1. Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour sauce on top of chicken. Sprinkle dressing mix on top.
2. Cook on low for 5 hours if chicken was thawed or 7-8 hours if frozen. Shred chicken with two forks if desired and serve on a bun.
From Kenna S.
April 19, 2013
1 can (10.5 oz.) Ro*tel tomatoes
1 can (15 oz.) corn kernels, do not drain
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix
1 TBS cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1. Spray crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Place the chicken in the crock pot.
2. Top with the tomatoes, corn, beans, ranch dressing, cumin, onion and chili powders. Stir to combine then top with the cream cheese.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring one or twice
to blend in the cheese.
4. Shred the chicken into large pieces and serve over rice. Can also serve in tortillas or with tortilla chips.
From Rita's Recipes
April 12, 2013
1 pound mostaccioli or other short pasta (I will use a little less)
6 strips of bacon, diced
1 TBS butter
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
2 TBS all-purpose flour
1 packet ranch dressing mix
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
green onions, optional
1. Cook pasta according to package directions in boiling salted water; drain, return to pot, and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain all but one tablespoon of bacon drippings from the pan.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the reserved bacon drippings, then add the chicken to the same skillet. Cook until tender, no longer pink, and slightly browned.
4. Sprinkle the flour and ranch dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly. Stir in the milk, and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the cheddar cheese and half of the reserved bacon; cook and stir until the cheese is melted. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
5. Add the cheese sauce to the reserved pasta and stir to combine. Serve each plate of pasta with more bacon sprinkled over the top and green onions if desired.
April 8, 2013
16 oz sour cream (fat free is fine)
1 envelop Lipton onion soup mix
1-4 lb. frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Put chicken breasts in crockpot. Cover with other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Shred the chicken with forks and stir back into sauce.
- Serve over noodles if desired.
From Shrinking Jeans