July 12, 2009
Double-Dipped Fried Chicken
from Paula Deehn
makes 12 servings
12 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I cut them in 2 or 3 pieces each)
1/3 cup salt
1 (2.5 pound) bag all-purpose flour
3 tsp. seasoned salt
2 tsp. ground black pepper
6 large eggs
peanut oil or other vegetable oil
additional seasoned salt
1. Rinse chicken well. Place chicken in a large bowl and add enough water to cover. Add salt. soak at least 30 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, beat eggs.
3. Drain chicken. Dip each piece in beaten eggs and then in flour mixture. Place chicken on floured baking sheet.
4. Fill a Dutch oven half full of vegetable oil. Heat oil to 325℉ to 350℉. Or a deep fat fryer
5. Dredge each piece of chicken in eggs and then flour mixture again. Shake off excess flour and carefully place into oil. Gry chicken, in batches, until golden brown, turning once or twice to brown evenly.
6. Remove chicken from oil; drain on paper towels. Sprinkle chicken with seasoned salt if desired.
at 3:26 PM