July 11, 2009
Tin Foil Dinners
hamburger patties, chicken or other meat of your choice
vegetables of your choice
salt, pepper, lemon pepper etc.
cream of chicken or mushroom soup, Optional
1. Take 2 pieces of tin foil for each packet you are making. Place them on top of each other. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place a hamburger patty or chicken etc on the tin foil (I browned chicken that I breaded in Krusteaz pancake mix in butter before I put on foil.)
3. Salt and pepper or lemon pepper meat
4. Place a TBS. of butter on top of meat.
5. If using cream soup add 1-2 TBS. on meat
6. Slice vegetables thinly and put on top. (I used onions, carrots and potatoes)
7. Pull up two sides of foil and roll over. Repeat on both edges.
8. Place meat side down in hot coals on fire.
9. Turn packets over and rotate every 5-10 minutes.
10. Cook for about 30-40 minutes depending on your ingredients and how thick you cut your vegetables.
11. Unwrap and dump on a plate. Enjoy!
We did both chicken and hamburgers this time. We cooked them about 40 minutes. A little less probably would have worked better.
at 10:15 PM