July 5, 2009
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups crispy rice cereal
2/3 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1. In a large bowl mix together cereal and nuts (if using). Set aside.
2. Put sugar and corn syrup in a sauce pan. Heat together until sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove from heat; add peanut butter. Stir until smooth and well mixed.
4. Pour over crispy rice cereal mixture. Stir to evenly coat.
5. Put in a greased 13x9 inch pan and pat down. Let cool
6. Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together. (I do it in the microwavae). Stir until smooth. Pour over bars and spread evenly. When frosting has cooled, cut in squares and enjoy.
at 9:19 PM