Peanut Butter Layer from Martha Stewart
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1-3/4 cups flour
Peanut Butter Layer:
1/2 cup (8 TBS) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1-1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt (I didn't use because I used salted butter)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, melt butter in microwave. Add oil, sugar, and cocoa. With a wooden spoon stir in the eggs, salt, vanilla, and flour. Stir until combined. Set aside and make peanut butter layer.
3. Mix together melted butter, powdered sugar, peanut butter, vanilla and salt until smooth.
4. In prepared pan pour half of brownie batter and smooth evenly in pan. On top of brownie batter add half peanut butter mixture by spoonfuls. Then add rest of brownie batter by spoonfuls followed by rest of peanut butter mixture.
5. Using a knife, swirl batters together until evenly distributed. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool and cut into bars.