1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 jar (18 oz) peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (I use creamy)
6 cups corn flakes
3 oz good quality chocolate of your choice, optional (I use chocolate chips)
1. Add corn flakes to a large bowl. Set aside. Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the mixture comes to a full boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter. Mix well.
3. Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and mix well, taking care to coat all of the corn flakes.
4. With a tablespoon or cookie scoop, scoop out and form into 1-2 inch balls, depending on your preference, and place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper.
5. Put the chocolate (if using) in a small bowl and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookies. Let cool.
Makes about 3 dozen