1 bag of frozen hash browns
1 (16oz) roll of sausage (like Jimmy Dean HOT)
16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of milk
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 bell pepper (red or green), chopped small, optional
1/2 white onion, chopped, optional
Tabasco sauce, optional
1. Brown your sausage and set aside. If you are using the onion, add it to the sausage while browning.
2. Spray the bottom of a large crock pot with cooking spray and layer your hash browns on the bottom.
3. Shred your cheese and chop your bell pepper.
4. In a medium bowl, crack your eggs and whisk them together. Slowly add the milk and Tabasco sauce, and add in salt and pepper. A good amount of pepper is needed.
5. Layer the sausage on top of the hash browns, then the bell pepper, and lastly the cheese on top of that.
6. Mix it all together before you add the egg mixture.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the top and mix it until even.
8. Cover and cook on low overnight, or for 6-8 hours.
From Damanda Lynn