8 quarts popped popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup cashews (I don't measure I just add until I think there are enough)
1 cup mini marshmallows (or more to taste)
2 bags (12 oz. each) white chocolate chips
1 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet or half milk and half semi-sweet)
1-1/2 TBS canola oil, divided
1. Put popped popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In heavy saucepan mix brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter together. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Stir until foamy.
4. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir gently until well coated. Pour on waxed paper and let cool.
5. When popcorn has cooled completely put it back in large bowl. Add cashews and mini marshmallows and stir.
6. Melt white chocolate chips and 1 TBS oil together in microwave (or double boiler) until it is smooth when stirred. Don't overcook. Pour over popcorn caramel popcorn and stir to coat. Pour back on waxed paper to cool again.
7. When white chocolate popcorn has cooled and set up; melt chocolate chips and 1/2 TBS oil together until smooth. Drizzle over white popcorn mixture on waxed paper. Let set up.