December 15, 2009
Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
1 cup shortening
1-3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream (can use fat-free)
1. Cream together shortening and sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
3. In another bowl mix flour, soda, powder, and salt together
4. Alternately add some sour cream and some flour mixture to dough and stir well after each addition until everything is incorporated.
5. Roll out dough on floured surface and cut out shapes with cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or silpat. Bake at 375℉ for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. They will expand when cooking so leave room in between them.
6. When cooled decorate with favorite frosting.
at 6:50 PM