August 28, 2009
Raspberry or Strawberry Freezer Jam
3-1/2 cups mashed raspberries or strawberries
6-1/2 cups sugar
2 TBS lemon juice
1 package (2 oz.) pectin
1 cup cold water
1. Using a blender, blend up your fruit.
2. In a large bowl (3-4 quart) stir fruit and lemon juice together.
3. Stir in sugar. (Pour in half the sugar; stir, then add the rest of the sugar so you don't get clumps) Let sit while you prepare the pectin.
4. In a saucepan add water and pectin. Whisk together. Bring to a boil. While stirring boil rapidly for 1 minute.
5. Pour pectin mixture on berry mixture. Stir together for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
6. Pour into jam container. Put on lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
7. Put in freezer.
Recipe can be doubled. (The first picture shows 13 batches)
at 2:55 PM