January 12, 2012
Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies
3-1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/3 cups butter, softened
1-1/4 cups sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 pkg semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
3. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if using.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake in preheated 375℉ oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Yield 5 dozen
at 5:20 AM