From Cookies and Cups
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 -1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
8 TBS milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1) with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray if desired or just spray the pan.
- In your mixer cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With mixer on low, add in your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until just combined.
- Press dough evenly into your prepared pan. (dough will be sticky)
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges begin to golden.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- To make frosting cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add food coloring if desired. Frost cooled bars and sprinkle if desired.