6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 TBS vegetable oil
6 slices bacon
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1-1/2 cups cheddar or monterey jack blend shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Brush both sides of chicken with oil, and sprinkle generously with lemon pepper. Place chicken in baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until juicy but no longer pink.
3. While chicken is baking, fry bacon until crispy. Drain. Saute peppers in 2 TBS bacon grease until tender, drain grease and remove from pan. Crumble bacon and add to peppers.
4. When chicken is cooked through, layer peppers, bacon and then cheese on top. Return to oven just long enough to melt cheese.
5. If desired slice chicken into thin medallions and serve with rice and vegetables.