From Your Cup of Cake
24 tsp Oreo crumbs
¼ cup water
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sour cream
Devil’s Food Cake Mix
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened (4 TBS)
Oreo cream from cookies
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ½- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
2 TBS heavy cream or milk
1 cup Oreo crumbs, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and line 24 muffins tins with cupcake liners. Spray liners with nonstick cooking spray if desired.
2. Separate about 24 Oreos. Scrape off the cream centers and set aside for later, and put the cookies in the food processor. Sift the crushed Oreos. You will need 1 cup sifted cookies for the buttercream, so set that aside, and then add the extra sifted cookies to the larger pieces that did not sift. Place 1 teaspoon of larger/extra sifted cookie into the bottom of each cupcake liner. ***
3. In a large bowl, use a whisk to combine water, buttermilk, oil, sour cream and vanilla extract. One at a time, add the eggs. Be sure to stir well in between each addition. Slowly add Devil’s food cake mix while stirring.
4. Fill cupcake liners (with the cookie crumbs on the bottom) ¾ full and bake for 13-18 minutes. The tops should spring back when you touch them. Place into air tight containers as they cool to seal in moisture. Let cool completely
5. Oreo Buttercream: For 5 minutes, beat cream cheese, butter and the Oreo cream centers you scraped off from the Oreos. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and heavy cream and let beat again. Stir in Oreo crumbs and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
***You can also use a whole Oreo on the bottom
Click Here for a fun Halloween idea