1 (18.25 oz) box white cake mix (I used golden vanilla or use chocolate if desired)
1/3 cup oil
4 egg whites, (or 4 eggs if not using white cake mix)
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Cheesecake Filling
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 package (3.9 oz pkg) dry cheesecake pudding mix
1 cup cool whip
For the Raspberry Buttercream
1 cup butter, softened (use 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup shortening if you prefer)
4 TBS raspberries, smashed (keep juice with it)
4 cups powdered sugar
24 Raspberries, if desired for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, gently combine oil, egg whites, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
3. Sift in cake mix and stir.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 17-22 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely. Cut out top of cooled cupcake with a melon baller or a knife.
5. Make the cheesecake filling: In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream on low until creamy. Add the milk and pudding mix and beat until mixed. Fold in the cool whip. Fill a piping bag and fill the hole with cheesecake filling. (I didn't even use a tip I just cut the end of the bag off).
6. Make the raspberry buttercream: In a mixing bowl, cream the butter. Add the smashed raspberries and beat again. Slowly add the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated. Beat the frosting until fluffy. Top cupcakes with buttercream. Top with a raspberry as garnish if desired. Store in refrigerator.