June 28, 2012
2 cups sifted flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
8 TBS unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 cup pureed strawberries, frozen, thawed, or fresh
Strawberry preserves, optional
Strawberries for garnish, if desired
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. To Make Cupcakes: Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale yellow. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
3. Stir in the flour mixture alternating with the sour cream. Fold in the pureed strawberries.
4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter and bake at 350℉ until baked through and golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Fill a piping bag with strawberry preserves. Cut the tip of the bag off and insert the tip into the center of a cooled cupcake. Squeeze to allow a small amount of mixture into the center. Release and remove the bag from the cupcake. Repeat on the other cupcakes. (This step is optional the cupcakes are good without filling also.)
6. To Make Frosting: In a mixing bowl fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream and vanilla until fully whipped. Remove from the bowl. In the same bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until blended and smooth. Scrape down the sides and add the whipping cream. Mix until just blended. Fold in chopped walnuts.
Can top with fresh strawberry for garnishment if desired.
From Tara H.
at 5:00 AM