December 2, 2012
Cookies and Cream Caramel Popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup butter
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch cream of tartar
1 tsp. vanilla
20 Oreos coarsely chopped
1 (12 oz) pkg. white chocolate chips
1. Put popped popcorn in a large bowl. Set aside.
2. In heavy saucepan mix brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter together. Bring to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Stir until foamy.
4. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and stir gently until well coated. Pour on waxed paper and let cool.
5. When popcorn has cooled completely put it back in large bowl. Add crushed Oreos and lightly stir.
6. Melt white chocolate chips and pour over popcorn mixture. Stir gently to evenly distribute white chocolate. Let cool and set up before serving.
at 5:30 AM