December 19, 2012
Cinnamon Caramel Popcorn with Pecans and White Chocolate
1 cup roughly chopped pecans, optional
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup light corn syrup (or honey makes a good substitution)
1 stick real butter (1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
3 squares almond bark or white chocolate chips
1. Pop the popcorn and put it in a large bowl. Add pecans. Set aside.
2. In a 2 quart microwave safe bowl mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together. Stir well.
3. Cut butter into pieces and place on top of brown sugar, cinnamon mixture. Pour corn syrup (or honey) on top of the butter.
4. Microwave on high for 30 seconds to soften the butter and stir together. Return to microwave and microwave for 2 minutes. Remove and stir then return to microwave for 2 more minutes.
5. Add vanilla and baking soda and stir well. (It will foam and bubble)
6. Pour over popcorn and pecans and stir to coat evenly.
7. Spread popcorn mixture onto a foil-lined jelly roll pan. Place in 250℉ oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.*
8. When it’s done, give it a final stir and let it cool off for a bit while you melt your almond bark (just put it in the microwave according to the package directions) Spread your caramel corn on a clean piece of parchment, waxed paper, or foil.
9. Drizzle the melted almond bark over the popcorn mixture. (I melt it in a ziploc bag and snip a corner off to drizzle.)
10. When it’s hardened break into chunks.
*I skip the baking because I don't want it that hardened
From Our Best Bites
at 4:00 AM