October 2, 2009
School House Brownies
2 cubes butter (3)
3 TBS. cocoa (4-1/2)
2 cups sugar (3)
4 eggs (6)
2 cups flour (3)
1 tsp vanilla (1-1/2)
1. Melt butter and cocoa together. I do it in the microwave or use a saucepan.
2. In mixing bowl put melted butter and cocoa. Add sugar, eggs, flour, and vanilla.
3. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350℉ for about 25 minutes. If you want to use a 10x15 inch cookie sheet one and one-half times the recipe. (Amounts show in parenthesis by ingredients)
4. Frost brownies as soon as they come out of the oven. Recipe below. They are also good if you remove them from oven put miniature marshmallow on the top and put them back in the oven for a couple of minutes until marshmallows start to melt and lightly brown. Cool slightly then frost.
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
3 TBS Cocoa (more or less depending on how chocolatey you want it)
a little less than 1/2 cup of evaporated milk
1. Cream butter; add powdered sugar and cocoa. Add milk a little at a time until comes to desired frosting consistency.
These amounts are for the cookie sheet size brownies. Reduce a little for cake pan size.