October 5, 2009
from Tricia T. and Annette
2 ripe avocados
1/2 tsp. salt
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1 tsp. fresh lime juice or to taste
1 medium-size tomato, chopped
1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
1 medium-size jalapeno chili, minced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
1. Halve and pit the avocados; scoop pulp into a bowl. Coarsely chop with two knives.
2. Add salt, garlic, and lime juice.
3. Fold in tomato, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
4. Let stand a little while before serving to allow flavors to blend. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. Serve with tortilla chips..
Put the pits of the avocados in the guacomole to help the avocado stay green and not discolor. (Shown in picture)
at 12:06 PM