2 cups brown sugar
2 cubes butter or margarine (1 cup)
1-3/4 cup light corn syrup
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 box crisp rice cereal (Rice Krispies) (19 oz)
6-8 inch lollipop sticks
candy melts, optional
chocolate chips, optional
clear plastic wrap
1. In large saucepan, over medium heat mix brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Stir together and bring to a boil and boil together for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Add sweetened condensed milk and stir to incorporate. Put back on the heat and bring to a boil. Stir it constantly. Let boil together an additional 3 minutes.
3. Pour carmel mixture over rice krispies that have been poured in a large bowl. Stir well until all cereal is well coated.
4. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet (15 x 10) and firmly press down. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
5. Cut out shape using a cookie cutter. Insert stick from bottom to close to top of shape. Place on greased cookie sheet or waxed or parchment paper. Set cookie cutter back on shape and press rice krispy mixture firmly into shape to ensure that stick will stay. Remove cookie cutter. Repeat with remaining rice krispy mixture. Let pops cool completely and set up (a couple of hours).
6. If desired melt candy melts and decorate. I put the melts in a piping bag. If you want to dip them in chocolate melt chocolate chips and thin slightly with vegetable oil if desired. Dip pops and sprinkle if desired. Place on a greased cookie sheet or parchment to let chocolate set. If you thinned your chocolate with oil it will take a few hours to set up. You will need to flip them over to let chocolate on back set up also.
7. Wrap with clear plastic wrap and tie at base with a ribbon.