February 12, 2012
Cherry Cordial Bars
For Chocolate Layer:
12 oz. ground peanuts
2 lg Hershey chocolate bars
1/2 c peanut butter
For Cherry Layer:
1 cup cherry icing
18 large marshmallows
1. Melt together 1 chocolate bar and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Add 6 ounces of chopped peanuts. Stir well.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into 9x13inch pan. Spread evenly. Set in freezer to firm up.
3. For the cherry layer, melt together. If doing in microwave only melt the marshmallows in the microwave and then add the icing.
4. Spread all of cherry filing on the frozen chocolate layer and return to freezer to set.
5. When set, melt the other large candy bar and 1/4 cup peanut butter together. Add remaining peanuts and stir well. Spread the chocolate mixture on the cherry filling evenly and return to freezer until set. Cut in bars. Store in fridge .
at 5:00 AM