February 4, 2012
Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3-1/2 cups flour (may be a little more)
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar for decoration
17 oz bag Hersheys chocolate kisses, hugs, or Nestle hearts (butterfinger, crunch, Dove) etc.
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1 cup sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the milk and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt together; stir into the peanut butter mixture until well blended. (Add more flour if dough is too sticky).
3. Cover and refrigerate dough for about an hour.
4. Preheat oven to 375℉. Grease or line cookie sheets.
5. Make tablespoons of dough into balls. Roll in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Place cookies on prepared pans 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press kiss into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the kiss hardens as it cools.
For Valentine's day use heart shaped candies.
at 6:00 AM