March 25, 2010

Monkey Bread Muffin Cups


from Stephanie's Kitchen

2 tubes of biscuit dough (Pillsbury or other) (20 biscuits in total) (see note below)

1/2 cup sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

6 tablespoons butter

1/3 cup brown sugar


1. Spray a jumbo muffin tin with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350℉. Cut each biscuit into 4ths. So in total you should have 80 little pieces of dough.


2. In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Dip each piece of dough into the cinnamon-sugar mixture until totally covered. Divide evenly between the 6 cups. (about 13-14 in each cup)


3. In a saucepan boil the butter and brown sugar. Spoon about a tablespoon of the brown sugar-butter mixture over each muffin cup.


4. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until baked through. Best when hot out of the oven.


5. Makes 6 jumbo muffins.


Note: I made these using left over dough from making scones. It took about ¼ of the recipe. Click here for scone dough recipe. After letting the dough rest for the 10-20 minutes, I rolled it out for scones. I cut the dough in smaller squares then dipped the squares in cinnamon-sugar and divided between the muffin cups. I let them raise for about 30 minutes. Then I poured on the brown sugar-butter mixture over them and baked.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this recipe somewhere and wanted to try it, but I don't have a jumbo muffin tin. Do you think you can use a regular sized one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you can use a regular muffin tin, probably just bake for a shorter time.

    ReplyDelete