March 13, 2012
Crispy Cheddar Chicken
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 sleeves Ritz crackers
1/4 tsp. salt, optional
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup milk
3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 (14 oz) can cream of chicken soup
2 TBS sour cream
2 TBS butter
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
2. In a food processor grind up the Ritz crackers (or use a rolling pin).
3. Pour the milk, cheese, and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans. Toss the salt and pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
4. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese and then the cracker crumbs. Lay the chicken in the prepared pan.
5. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
6. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400℉ for 35 minutes. Remove the tin foil, and then bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
7. In the last ten minutes of cooking, put the sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and whisk. Stir over medium high heat until the sauce is hot. Serve over the chicken.
Yield 7 servings
at 5:00 AM