January 30, 2014
Kit Kat Bites
3/4 cup heavy cream
1-1/2 cups sugar
25 regular sized marshmallows
12 oz. milk chocolate chips
1 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
5 cups rice krispies cereal
11 oz. butterscotch chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
1. Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place marshmallow, milk chocolate chips, and baking chocolate. Set aside
3. In a large pot, bring to a boil the sugar, cream, and butter over medium high heat. Once boiling, continue to let it boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and pour hot mixture over the marshmallows and chocolate that you set aside. Use an electric mixture, and beat until the chocolate and marshmallows have melted and are smooth. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl place rice krispies and set aside. In a microwave safe dish, melt the butterscotch and peanut butter chips. Start with one minute, then stir. Stir and heat at 30 second intervals until fully melted. Pour over the rice cereal and add 1/3 of the chocolate mixture that you set aside earlier. Stir to combine and mix completely.
5. In the 9x13 inch dish you prepared, pour 1/3 of the chocolate mixture and spread with a knife until bottom of dish is covered. Top with the cereal mixture. Press down firmly. Pour the remaining 1/3 of the chocolate mixture over the cereal. Spread with a knife. Allow to set up in refrigerator, about 1-2 hours. Remove and cut in bite sized pieces. Store in airtight container; no need to refrigerate.
From Shugary Sweets
at 3:30 AM