May 6, 2013
Bacon Cheddar Bread
6 cups flour
3-1/4 cups warm water
2 tsp. instant yeast
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sugar
2-3/4 cups cheddar cheese, freshly grated
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl combine water, yeast, salt, and sugar. Allow mixture to sit for several minutes.
2. Add flour, 2 cups of cheese, 1/2 the bacon, and pepper. Stir with spoon until combined. Dough will be shaggy. It will come together in the end. (I used my mixer)
3. Cover with a towel and allow to raise in a warm place for an hour.
4. After an hour, turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for a few minutes. It doesn't need to be completely smooth. Divide evenly into 2 loaf pans.
5. Cover loaves with remaining cheese and bacon. Cover loaves with towel and let rest for 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 400℉ for 15 minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce heat to 350℉. Continue baking for about 25 more minutes. Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes.
From A Beautiful Bite
at 5:00 AM