1 brownie mix for 9x13 inch pan (+ ingredients to prepare) or your favorite brownie recipe
3-1/2 cups shredded coconut
2 (14 oz each) pkgs caramels, unwrapped
1/2 tsp. salt
4 TBS milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Prepare and bake brownies according to box directions and let cool. I used this brownie recipe.
2. To toast coconut; preheat oven to 400℉ and place coconut on baking sheet. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir and cook for another 2-3 minutes until toasted. Watch closely so it doesn't burn.
3. In a large microwavable bowl combine unwrapped caramels, salt and milk. Cook on high for 3-5 minutes; stirring every minute. Cook until all caramels are melted and smooth.
4. Add toasted coconut and mix together. Spread over cooled brownies.
5. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until cooled.
6. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over brownies. Let brownies sit on counter while chocolate sets. (about 1 hour) Cut in bars.