from Studio 5
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits
14 caramels unwrapped and cut in 6 pieces each (or 3/4 cup caramel bits)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. In medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
2. In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until fluffy. Add dry ingredient mixture and mix until well incorporated.
3. Divide dough in half and spread one portion as evenly as possible in the bottom of a well greased 9x13 inch pan.
4. On a work surface place a piece of plastic wrap the size of your pan. Put the 2nd portion of dough, flatten the dough slightly, cover with another piece of plastic wrap the same size as the first and flatten with your hands or use a rolling pin to make it to the size of the baking pan, set aside.
5. Sprinkle the white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, caramel pieces and toffee chips on top of dough in the pan. Remove the top piece of plastic wrap from the second piece of dough and place that side on top of the heath bar chips. Slightly press the dough down and remove the second piece of plastic.
6. Sprinkle nuts on top of dough, if using, and bake at 350℉ for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 15 minutes then cut in bars. Makes about 20.