from Cookies and Cups
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup finely crushed pretzels
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 cups rolled oats
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (11 oz.) bag caramel bits or 14 oz. bag wrapped caramels with 1/2 cup removed
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped cashews
1 tsp. coarse sea salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven 350℉. Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with foil.
2. With a mixer beat together butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla until incorporated.
3. On low speed add in the pretzels, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix in the oats.
4. Set aside 1 cup of the batter. Spread the rest of the batter into your prepared pan.
5. In a medium saucepan melt together the caramel and sweetened condensed milk on medium heat. Heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
6. Pour caramel mixture on batter. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and cashews. Then sprinkle remaining dough on top. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until top starts to get golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. When cool lift bars out of pan with foil and cut into squares.