from Brown Eyed Baker
5-1/2 cups old fashioned oats (not quick oats)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup applesauce (I used natural, unsweetened)
1/4 cup honey
1-1/2 cups sliced or slivered almonds
1-1/2 cups dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, blueberries, raisins, apricots, etc)
1. Preheat oven to 325℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
2. In a large bowl mix together oats, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a bowl whisk together brown sugar, applesauce, and honey until well combined.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir together until oats are coated. Pour evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and use a wide spatula to gently turn granola over in parts. Bake for 10-15 more minutes until golden and crisp.
5. Let cool completely on baking sheet. Break up the granola into chunks and add almonds and fruit. Store in an airtight container.