Adapted from Allrecipes
1 cup warm water (70 to 80℉)
2 TBS yeast
4 TBS sugar
2 cups warm milk (70 to 80℉)
4 TBS butter, softened
3 tsp salt
8 cups flour
1 egg white, beaten optional
1. In a small bowl mix water, yeast, and sugar together and let it froth and raise.
2. In mixing bowl using the dough hook mix warm milk, butter, and salt together.
3. Add yeast mixture and beat until well combined. Add flour and mix until dough is smooth about 5 minutes. Cover and let raise until doubled in size (about an hour).
4. Divide dough into 8-10 portions. Form dough portions into balls and place on 2 greased cookie sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 30 minutes). Brush with egg white if desired and bake at 375℉ for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
5. To make the bowl, cut the top off of bread; carefully hollow out bottom of each leaving a 1/4 inch shell (discard removed bread or save for another use.) Serve filled with your favorite soup or stew.