1-½ cups butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
¼ tsp. salt
15 oz of caramel
2 TBS evaporated milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 tsp. shortening or butter or vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until well combined.
2. Dump dough onto a lightly flour surface. Roll dough out to ½ inch thick.
3. With a small biscuit cutter, cut out cookies and place on greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350°F 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely.
5. Melt caramel and milk according to package directions. Spread over cooled cookies. Let caramel cool completely before spreading on the chocolate.
6. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening in 30 second increments, stirring in between each increment until melted and smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled caramel.
Let chocolate set before eating and serving.From Chef In Training