November 4, 2014
Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies
heaping 1/3 cup Nutella
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste (I didn't add, I used salted butter)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In mixing bowl combine butter, Nutella, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt if using. Beat on low speed until just combined.
3. Add white and semi-sweet chips. Beat until just combined.
4. Use a large cookie scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup to form approximately 11 equal sized mounds of dough. Roll into balls and flatten slightly. Place mounds on plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours (or up to 5 days) It's important to chill the dough.
5. Preheat oven to 350℉ and bake cookies for about 9 minutes on a lined or greased cookie sheet. Space cookies at least 2 inches apart. The cookies should have the edges and top set but can look slightly underdone. They firm as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet.
You can freeze the uncooked dough balls for up to 4 months.
From Averie Cooks
at 3:30 AM