November 8, 2013
Caramel Rolo Rice Krispie Treats
1/2 cup butter
1 (14 oz) bag caramels, unwrapped
5-6 cups rice krispies cereal
1 (12 oz) bag Rolos, unwrapped
1. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper. Cut unwrapped Rolos in half.
2. Melt milk, butter, and caramels together over medium-low heat, stirring often until smooth.
3. When melted and smooth add rice krispies and Rolos. Stir gently until well combined. Don't over-stir. You don't want the Rolos to melt to much and lose their shape.
4. Lightly press in prepared pan. (Don't press too hard or the treats will be too hard as they cool).*
5. Allow to cool. When cooled lift out of pan and cut into squares.
*If desired melt chocolate chips and swirl on top.
From Life love and sugar
at 3:30 AM