February 8, 2013
Nutella Cream Cheese Swirled Brownies
5 oz. cream cheese
2 TBS butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 TBS flour
1/4 cup Nutella
For the Brownie Batter:
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa (special dark recommended I used regular because that's what I have)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 stick butter, softened (1/4 cup)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
2. Make the cream cheese topping: Cream together the butter, sugar, and flour. Add the cream cheese and mix until smooth. Scrape the bowl and add the egg. Beat until mixture is creamy. Add nutella and mix until mixture is completely mixed and creamy. Set aside
3. Make the brownie batter. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together into a medium bowl.
4. In a small bowl cream the butter and sugar together. Add eggs one at a time. Then add vanilla. When mixed well fold this mixture into the dry ingredients.
5. Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into your prepared 8x8 inch pan.
6. Randomly dollop the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie batter. Randomly dollop the rest of the brownie batter on top of the cream cheese dollops. Swirl together with the tip of a knife.
7. Bake at 350℉ for 35-50 minutes.
From Lovin' From the Oven
at 5:00 AM