August 7, 2012
Peanut Butter Cup S'more Bars
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/3 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 7 full crackers processed until fine)
16 snack size Reese's peanut butter cups
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch pan. (Or put foil in pan then grease so it all lifts out before cutting. Leave foil extra long to pull out of pan from both sides)
2. Use an electric mixer and cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and combine. Set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture until well combined.
4. Divide dough in half. Press half of dough on bottom of prepared pan.
5. Top dough with peanut butter cups. They should fit side by side. I did them 4 by 4.
6. Spread marshmallow creme evenly on top of peanut butter cups. (Place blobs of it then spread)
7. Top marshmallow layer with single layer of remaining cookie dough. (I rolled it out in between waxed paper and then placed pieces on top sealing seams as I went.)
8. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy.
at 5:00 AM