FOR THE MUFFINS:
2 cups flour plus 1 TBS to add to raspberries
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1 lemon, completely zested
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick), melted
1-1/4 cups sour cream
1-1/2 cups raspberries
FOR THE GLAZE:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Grease a muffin tin and set aside. Rinse the raspberries and set them aside to dry.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set Aside.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer, stir together the egg and sugar. Add half the lemon zest (at least 1 tsp.) Add the melted butter and sour cream until just combined.
4. Using a wooden spoon stir in the flour mixture. Stir until almost combined.
5. Gently stir in 1 TBS flour with the raspberries to coat. Then gently fold the raspberries into muffin mixture. Gently stir until the raspberries are incorporated.
6. Fill muffin tins, about 3 Tablespoons batter in each. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let set for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 5-10 minutes before putting glaze on top.
7. While the muffins are setting up, make glaze. In a small saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Turn the heat to medium and stir and let simmer until the sugar is dissolved and mixture is syrupy. (About 5-10 minutes)
8. In a small bowl combine the 1/3 cup sugar and other half of lemon zest (at least 1 tsp.). Brush the top of each muffin liberally with the lemon glaze then dip the muffin in the sugar-zest mixture.
From The Food Charlatan