September 15, 2013
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 TBS vanilla
2 TBS white sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture to the butter-sugar mixture and beat until well blended.
4. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
5. In a small bowl mix together the white sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over top of dough. Bake for 25-30 or until the surface springs back when lightly touched. While bars are still slightly warm cut into squares with a sharp knife.
From My Own Sweet Thyme
at 4:00 AM