May 14, 2014
Overnight Cinnamon Baked French Toast
8 whole eggs
2 cups milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 TBS vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick cold butter, cubed
1. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Tear the bread into chunks and place them in the prepared pan.
3. Mix together the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Pour mixture evenly over the bread and refrigerate overnight.
4. In another bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together. Add the butter and mix until batter comes together like little pebbles. Store in a plastic bag in the fridge.
5. The next morning preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over top of the bread mixture.
6. If you like soggier french toast bake for 45 minutes if you like less liquidy french toast bake for 1 hour.
7. Serve warm with maple syrup and butter, if desired.
From Lovin' From the Oven
at 4:00 AM