March 19, 2014
Reese's Brownies with Peanut Butter Buttercream
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup cocoa
1-1/3 cup flour
24 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped
Peanut Butter Buttercream Frosting:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 TBS milk, more if needed to reach desired consistency
1/4 cup peanut butter
7 mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350℉. Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add eggs and beat well. Add vanilla and salt and mix until well incorporated.
2. Stir in cocoa and flour until mixed in but be careful not to over-beat. (Stir in with a wooden spoon so you don't overbeat it if desired)
3. Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread half the brownie mixture in it.
4. Place unwrapped mini Reese's cups 6x4 evenly across pan.
5. Carefully spread remaining brownie batter on top. (Drop by spoonfuls evenly on top then spread out)
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until batter is cooked and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Don't overcook (make sure toothpick is in brownie not a Reese's).
7. Let cool completely.
8. While brownies are cooling make the Peanut Butter Buttercream. Beat butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and peanut butter together until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar or milk to reached desired consistency.
9. Spread frosting over cooled brownies and top with chopped Mini Reese's Cups.
from Chef in Training
at 4:00 AM